The ROAD exhaust gas temperature sensors (EGTS) of the PT200 series use the temperature elements of the platinum sensor technology for high temperature applications up to > 1000°C. This temperature element is located at the tip of the sensor and measures the temperature, this is passed on in the sensor as a resistance signal. The resistance signal changes here as the temperature rises.
Made for temperature monitoring - indispensable for engine management
The use of exhaust gas temperature sensors (EGTS) enables,
- reliable protection against damage caused by overtemperature
- the prerequisite for reducing pollutant emissions
- monitoring of the optimum operating window
- optimization of performance with improved engine efficiency
- lower fuel consumption with reduced emission values