Data protection declaration
1. Name and contact data of the person responsible for data processing
This data protection information applies for data processing by:
ROAD Deutschland GmbH,
Managing Director: Matthias Richter,
75015 Bretten-Gölshausen, Germany
The responsible party can be reached at the above address, as well as at:
Tel: +49 (0) 7252 535 69-0
FAX: +49 (0) 7252 535 69-99
2. Collecting and storing personal data as well as the type and purpose of its use
When going to our website, www.road-online.com, the browser that you are using on your device (PC, tablet or smart phone) will automatically send information to our website’s server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called logfile and in a so-called cookie. Cookies are text files which are stored on your browser due to the relevant settings in that browser. You can obtain more detailed explanations under number 4 of this data protection declaration.
The following information is captured without your assistance, and stored until it is automatically erased:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date, time and duration of the access,
- Name and URL of the called-up Internet site (pages) of our presence.
- Website from which the access was made (referrer URL),
- The browser used and, if applicable, your computer’s operating system as well as the name of your access provider.
We process these data for the following purposes:
- Ensuring smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring easy use of our website,
- Assessment of system security and stability as well as
- Statistical collection of the total number of times that our website was accessed.
The legal basis for the aforementioned data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 let. F of the GDPR. Our justified interest is for the aforementioned purposes of data collection. We never use the data gathered with the goal of making conclusions about you. These anonymised data are erased after 14 months.
If you have questions of any kind, a request to call back, or would like to order a printed product catalogue, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using a form provided on our website (contact form). The following minimum information is required in order for us to work on your request:
- “Questions” contact form Give a valid email address
- “Call back” contact form Enter a land line or mobile telephone number
- “Order catalogue” contact form Enter a postal address
Further entries are made voluntarily, and serve only to use the correct title when answering your question or issue as well as for timely planning to call you back. The data processing for the purposes of contact as per Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 let. A of the GDPR on the basis of your freely-granted consent.
The personal information which we collect from the contact form as well as other data is automatically erased after we have answered your query or issue.
3. Forwarding data
There is no forwarding your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only forward your personal data to third parties if:
- You have granted your express consent to this as per Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, let. A of the GDPR,
- the forwarding serves, as per Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, let. F of the GDPR, for enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data.
- in the case that there is a legal obligation for forwarding as per Art. 6, para. 1, sent. 1, let. C of the GDPR, as well as
- it is allowed by law, and is required as per Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 let. B of the GDPR for the implementation of contractual relationships.
4. Cookies / web analysis service - use of Google Analytics
Information is placed in the cookies which are specifically linked to the specifically used device. This does not mean, however, that we directly obtain knowledge of your identity.
We place cookies in order to capture statistics on the use of our website, and to assess optimisation of our website for you. These cookies make it possible for us to automatically recognise you in another visit to our pages--that you had already visited us. These cookies are automatically erased after a defined period (14 months).
The data processed by cookies are in our legitimate interest for the aforementioned purposes as well as for third parties as per Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 let. F of the GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can configure your browser, however, so that no cookies are stored on your computer, or a notice always appears before a new cookie is placed. Full deactivation of cookies can lead, however, to you not being able to use all the functions of our website.
- the browser type and version,
- operating system used,
- the referrer URL, that is, the page visited beforehand,
- the host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server query,
compare the information in our logfile, and then are transferred to Google’s server in the US and stored there. The information is used in order to assess use of the website in order to create reports about website activities, and to further offer services related to website use and Internet use for the purposes of market research and provide appropriate website design. This information may also be transferred to third parties, as long as this is required by law or these third parties perform contract work with these data. In no case will your IP address be put together with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymised so that one cannot assign it (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies using a relevant setting in the browser software.
We would like to point out that, if you do so, not all functions of this website can be completely used. You can in addition prevent the capture of the data by the cookies and the information about your use of the website data (including your IP address) to Google, as well as the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in by clicking on this link: (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can additionally prevent that Google Analytics captures your data by clicking on this link: Link Then, an opt-out cookie will be placed which prevents future capture of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie only applies to this browser, and only to our website, and is stored on your device. If you erase your cookies in this browser, you must place the opt-out cookie again.
You can find further information about data protection in connection with Google Analytics at Google Analytics Help: (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
5. Rights of those impacted
You have the right:
- to request information about the personal data which we have processed as per Art. 15 of the GDPR. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of receivers to whom your data was disclosed or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right to correction, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data, as long as this was not gathered by us, as well as the existence of automatic decision-taking, including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about their details;
- You can, as per Art. 16 of the GDPR, request the immediate correction or completion of the your personal data which we have stored;
- You can, as per Art. 17 of the GDPR, request erasure of your personal data which we store, as long as the processing is not for exercising the right to free expression of opinion and information to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- You can, as per Art. 18 of the GDPR, request restriction of processing of your personal data, as long as you don't contest the correctness of the data, the processing is unlawful, you refuse their erasure, and we no longer need the data, but you need these data for enforcement, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected as per Art. 21 of the GDPR against this processing;
- You can, as per Art. 20 of the GDPR, request to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, usual and machine-readable format, or to send to another responsible party;
- You can, as per Art. 7, para. 3 of the GDPR, withdraw a consent that you have given to use before. The consequence of this is that we will no longer perform the data processing related to your consent; and
- As per Art. 77 of the GDPR, you can complain to a supervisory official. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or work, or our company headquarters in Baden-Württemberg.
6. Right to opposition
If your personal data are based on legitimate interests as per Art. 6, para. 1 sent. 1 let. F of the GDPR, you have the right, as per Art. 21 of the GDPR to file an objection against the processing of your personal data, provided that there are reasons for this which stem from your personal situation, or if the objection is directed against direct mail. In the last case, you have a general right to objection without noting a special situation, which we will then implement.
If you would like to exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, simply send a document (email, letter or fax) to the above contacts.
7. Data security
We use a well-known SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure when you visit our website in connection with the highest encryption level which is supported by your browser. As a rule, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser doesn't support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can determine if a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form with a closed lock or key icon on your browser’s bottom status bar.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or full loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technical developments.
8. Current version, and changing this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid, May 2018 version.
It could become necessary to change this data protection declaration due to further development of our website and its offers, or due to changed statutory or official instructions. The current data protection declaration can be called up and printed at any time on our aforementioned website.